Mental health first. Through my passion for the art and science of psychiatry I help empower, stabilize and balance the mind, thus enabling clients to thrive and engage in their life pursuits.
I believe there is a subtle sacred art to the use of psychotropics and all medicines for healing. When administered knowledgably and respectfully, medications are a powerful and valuable instrument in our tool-belt of treatments, and can literally change people’s lives for the better. In a supportive environment focused on empathic listening, open communication and client education, I work together with my clients to achieve and maintain a harmonious balance in the most intricate powerful system in their body – the nervous system and the brain.
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” - Joseph Campbell.
Eliza Karwowski, D.O., MBA
General Adult Psychiatrist
Board Eligible American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Call to Schedule an Appointment 305-445-0477
Dr. Eliza Karwowski sees adult patients with a variety of mental health issues, including but not limited to:
- Women’s Preconception, Perinatal and Postpartum Mental Health
- Bipolar Disorder
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
Dr. Eliza Karwowski is a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine and a Psychiatrist. She obtained her medical degree at Touro University Nevada Collage of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her psychiatry residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Her training included a year internship in Women’s Reproductive Mental Health and Perinatal Psychiatry. Dr. Karwowski specializes in improving quality of life through the balancing of brain chemistry and treats a variety of mental health issues. In her practice she conducts thorough initial psychiatric evaluations, establishes diagnoses and treatment plans, and provides therapeutic interventions including psychopharmacological medication management, client education, supportive and client-oriented therapy, and referrals to alternative modalities of healing as indicated. She is fluent in English and Polish.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology at University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Masters of Business Administration and Pre-medicine at San Diego State University
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at Touro University Nevada Collage of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency training program in General Psychiatry at Jackson Memorial Hospital/University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- One year internship in Women’s Reproductive Mental Health & Perinatal Psychiatry at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine