I love many of Dr. Seuss’ quotes, but my very favorite is:
Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
I remind myself of this every time my mind wanders to scrolling social media to check others out. My mind wants to go to immediately comparing myself to others.
What are they doing now in their business?
I should be doing more in my business!
Where did the family go on vacation?
I don’t travel enough!
What a beautiful house!
What great taste!
My brain goes on and on and on…
But I remind myself that
- I am the only that can say things the way I say them.
- My clients like me because I coach them like no one else.
- I have a beautiful life full of family and friends.
- I have my health.
- I have the ability and freedom to do what I want for a living.
This is the work that I find myself doing with my clients too.
When they feel:
- They are behind.
- They are not enough.
- They have not made a big enough mark in the world.
- They are not reaching their revenue for the year.
- They will not be able to close a deal.
- They do not have enough hours in a day – how do others get so much done.
- They are having a hard time leading their team.
I have them pause and I remind them that “There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
Go Be You!
P.S. Do you have obstacles keeping you from moving forward and taking action? Are you looking for a change? Do you want someone to guide you through your journey instead of DIYing it? Join me on a call and learn how thinking differently creates different results. Reach out to schedule a call and learn how we can work together. Contact my office 305-445-0477 or email me at emy@coralgablescounseling.