“What’s a support group for women? Is it like learning to cope with being a woman?!” she asked sarcastically.
Yeah, actually, that’s exactly it. Women have so much on their plates. So much more than men. So many moving parts. So many societal, familial, and self imposed expectations.
“Pretty Tough” is a place to discuss these issues.
- To learn to make sense of the “rules” and when and how to break them.
- To share ways to find your voice or make your mark.
- To connect with other women in a supportive, non-competitive way.
- To see that you’re not alone in your worries, fears or insecurities.
- To learn more about your patterns and why you keep making similar choices.
- To share tales of love and heartache.
- To vent about parenting, trying to conceive or simply trying to get your relationship to work.
- To get tips and insight from mental health professionals regarding communication, coping and self-care.
- “Pretty Tough” is a place where maybe you don’t have to be pretty or tough. You can be vulnerable and raw. You can kick your shoes off and let your mascara run.
And you owe me a shiny penny 😉